We are strangers to each other.
You don't even know my name.
You stand in the shadows of my mind.
Are you playing some sort of game?
(I don't know you.)
At first, I thought you were joking.
You came at me so fast,
without warning.
Why did you want to know me,
was it something that I said?
(You don't know me.)
I'm not sure it's such a great idea,
for us to get to know each other.
Your words don't always make sense.
Or maybe I just don't understand.
(We don't know each other.)
I know it could be exciting
to get to know a stranger.
I know that danger exists, as well.
It's hard to tell who to trust.
(I don't know you.)
You have kind eyes, but...
I've seen that change in others.
There's no way to know what will happen.
Only time will tell.
(We may not have time to tell.)
Let me give this some thought,
before I commit to discovery.
Tell me more about where you stand.
Maybe we can talk it out.
(We're all strangers to each other.)
©Ellen Pepper 2026
Thursday, 10 September 2026
Strangers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Things We Touch
The morning blanket, we pull closer. A baby's smooth cheek, we gently stroke. We leave our mark on keyboards. Our feet feel the heat of...
-
Good and Pretti With our own eyes, we witnessed their execution at the hands of trump's storm troopers. Innocent of a crime, they wer...
-
The Stink of Betrayal by Ellen Pepper Maria's fingers hover over the keyboard; writing a reply to the man who betrayed her and no...
-
Fireflies Twenty minutes past sunset. Mid-July. Cats and kittens sprawled out on the deck. A hundred million fireflies bursting into sight...
No comments:
Post a Comment