Friday, 24 July 2026

Scent of Angels

 The scent of angels was in my room as I slept last night.
They came to escort me into the deep.
We wafted our way to the ocean.
The waves were churning as we entered.

And we were...
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Sinking down.

The water warm as amniotic fluid.
The colours, indescribable.
The myriad life forms greeted us as we were...
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Sinking down.

I remembered things that had been lost in time.
There were moments that...
hurt and
moments that healed.
Seeing the faces of those who'd gone before,
I wept, yet felt joy.

And we were still...
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Down
Sinking
Sinking down.
Into...
The trench of Mariana.
We could go no deeper.
The city there was illuminated from within.
We entered the globe that surrounded,
and met the beings who lived there.
The angels laughed and larked about.
The air was fresh and intoxicating.
We spoke of many things.

And then, it was time to return.
The angels carried my soul upward,
Rising up.
Rising.
Upward.
Rising and rising.
Rising upward.

I woke in my bed,
as the sun rose.
The echoes of angel laughter all around.
They said they'd come again.
The memory elated my mind.

The ocean depths were like a space visit.
There's hidden life in the secret abyss.

©Ellen Pepper 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scent of Angels

 The scent of angels was in my room as I slept last night. They came to escort me into the deep. We wafted our way to the ocean. The waves w...